Community Consultation: Be the Voice You Want to Be Mount Gravatt
10 December 2021 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm| Free
Join us during Disability Action Week for a free afternoon tea and chat about self-advocacy.
Together we will explore:
- what is self-advocacy
- your experience advocating for yourself and others
- barriers you face when speaking up for yourself in everyday life
- how you would like to receive support to be the voice you want to be.
Your input will help us to develop workshops and resources to support people with disability to find their voice, understand their rights and be confident to express what they need and want.
This session is for people with disability, and their families/carers.
Who are we?
Carers Queensland is working with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to deliver the Local Area Coordination Partner in the Community Program.
For more information, or if you are unable to make it to this session, please contact us on 1300 999 636 or email@example.com.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/CarersQueenslandNDIS.
Let’s keep everyone safe.
- Stay at home if you are unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath.
- Stay at home if you have been in contact with a COVID-19 case or have returned from overseas or a hotspot in the last 14 days.
- Remember to practice 1.5 metres physical distancing, good hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
- If you become unwell during the event – let our staff know if you need any assistance, but continue to observe the 1.5 metres distancing.