- New positions within an organisation that offers a tradition of support and care
- Chance to join an organisation that is making a difference
Carers Queensland is the peak body representing carers throughout Queensland. They are proud to be Local Area Coordination Partners in the Community Program in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency and they seek to employ suitably qualified & experienced staff to assist people with disability, their families and carers to exercise choice and build a positive life in the Brisbane North Service Area.
About the Roles
The positions available will provide administrative, reception and scheduling support to the NDIS Local Area Coordination (LAC) PITC program team and will provide information and support to participants, families and carers, operating as their first point of contact with the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience providing reception and administrative support in an office environment.
- Excellent phone manner and accurate data entry skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products and general office equipment.
- A commitment to supporting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities. (Lived experience will be highly regarded.)
- High-level communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including families of participants).
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality and contribute positively to a workplace environment.
- References and suitability clearance/s required by legislation.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s On Offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You’ll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation. You will be given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland
- Attractive Remuneration of CSW2.1 $51,699.29 per annum, with excellent tax benefits
- Flexible and supportive workplace environment where your contribution is valued.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the key selection criteria and nominates the relevant Job Reference Number.
Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button on this SEEK advertisement.
Candidates must submit a completed application, responding to Key Selection Criteria, along with a copy of their resume, by the due date.
Applications close on Monday 10 October 2018 @ 5:00pm. Previous Applicants need not reapply.
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.