Business Development Manager
- Support the launch of an exciting new program
- Full-time position contracted to 30 June 2022
- Convenient Lutwyche based location
- Not-for-profit tax benefits
About Our Organisation
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing specialised carer, aged, and disability support services.
For almost 30 years, we have been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
Join us as we launch a new program and initiative of Carers Queensland, funded by the Department of Social Services, and piloted over the next two and a half years.
The program will deliver an end-to-end vocational coaching model to support client-centred outcomes and measurable social and economic benefits.
About the Role
- This role will drive the establishment and growth of a new community services program, which includes Carers Queensland’s Registered Training Organisation (RTO), to support the delivery of training and vocational services across multiple locations.
- Expand business opportunities for Carers Queensland and make recommendations on viable projects, programs and service delivery opportunities.
- Provide leadership to business development officers across multiple locations in South East Queensland, South Australia and Tasmania, ensuring there is clear vision underpinned by sound business planning, execution and accountability, in a manner that enables strong performance and consistency with our organisation’s mission and values, and more.
- This role requires an experienced community-oriented leader with a strong business acumen who is able to develop and maintain strategic partnerships that support client referral pathways, business growth and positive community sentiment.
- Tertiary qualification in the relevant field, and or a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a business development role in the community services and/or vocational education or employment services sector
- Experience leading and managing a team including recruitment, training, supervision, and performance management
- Experience in developing and implementing operational plans that have resulted in the achievement of business objectives, KPIs and contract requirements
- Experience developing and implementing marketing strategies, to support brand awareness in new regions, stakeholder and client engagement and positive community sentiment
- Experience leading a team of business development professionals responsible for achieving KPIs across multiple locations
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s On Offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You’ll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation, given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW7.1 $97,323.86 per annum plus super with excellent not-for-profit tax benefits available
- Flexible and supportive work environment where your contribution is valued
How to Apply
View the Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria below
Candidates must submit their resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the Key Selection Criteria for the role. Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button on this SEEK advertisement.
Applications close on Wednesday, 12 February 2020 @ 5:00pm
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.