Business Development Officer
- Support the launch of an exciting new program
- Full-time position contracted to 30 June 2022
- Convenient Lutwyche based location
- Not-for-profit tax benefits
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing specialised carer, aged, and disability support services.
For more than 30 years, we have been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
Join us as we launch a new program and initiative of Carers Queensland, funded by the Department of Social Services, and piloted over the next two and a half years.
The program will deliver an end-to-end vocational coaching model to support client-centred outcomes and measurable social and economic benefits.
About the Role
- Our Business Development Officer role will drive business and service growth into new growth areas of community services and other various industries to deliver on our organisation’s mission and values.
- This role will work with the Business Development Manager to identify opportunities and develop partnerships that drive lead generation and increased client referrals.
- Based in South East Queensland, you will be required to travel across your designated region, meeting with community service organisations, employers and potential clients, where you will be developing relationships with key stakeholders and securing business and referral agreements for on-going client referrals and placement opportunities.
About You – Do you have?
- Outstanding networking and business development skills to sell the unique business model that our organisation program operates under; creating pathways to employment and other vocational opportunities through an individualised plan, coaching and mentoring, accredited and/or non-accredited training, traineeships or apprenticeships.
- Relevant tertiary qualification such as Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field and or equivalent experience in related field (e.g. 2 years’ experience in sales or business development environment)
- Business development experience in Group Training Organisation, Employment Services or Registered Training Organisations
- The ability to analyse current customer base, identify gaps and develop strategies to grow the customer base
- A current Queensland open driving licence and ability to undertake regular travel as required.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s On Offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You’ll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation, given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW5.1 $82,171.89 per annum plus super with excellent not-for-profit tax benefits available
- Flexible and supportive workplace environment where your contribution is valued
How to Apply
View the Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria below
Candidates must submit their resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the Key Selection Criteria for the role. Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button on this SEEK advertisement.
Applications close on Wednesday, 26 February 2020 @ 5:00pm
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.