- Support the launch of an exciting new project
- Full-time position contracted to 30 June 2021
- Convenient Lutwyche based location
About The Organisation
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing specialised carer, aged, and disability support services.
For more than 30 years, we have been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
Join us as we launch an exciting new project aimed at assisting carers on pathways towards working in the community care sector.
About the Role
- As part of our dynamic Try Test and Learn project team, the Career Counsellor will provide a wealth of useful information in key areas such as career discovery, planning, interviewing, resume writing and more. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work one on one with carers, playing an important role in helping them to shape their futures.
- You will be highly skilled in interview, assessment and general motivational coaching/counselling procedures. You will be a team player, with a demonstrated ability to show initiative, who will professionally and ethically represent Carers Queensland.
- Are you a flexible, outcome-focused individual possessing a can-do attitude who is able to demonstrate efficient and effective strategies to positively assist carers in overcoming severe and/or multiple non-vocational barriers to employment?
About You – Do you have?
- Diploma of Coaching/Counselling qualification and/or minimum 3 years similar coaching/counselling experience
- Demonstrated experience in the Employment Services or similar industry
- Demonstrated experience in case management working with persons experiencing disadvantage
- Demonstrated motivational, coaching and or counselling skills and high level problem solving skills
- Ability to assess needs and, in consultation with carers, develop effective plans based on SMART goals (or similar framework)
- Ability to utilise high-level communication skills (both written and verbal), to build rapport with carers and adapt communication style according to the audience or target group involved
- Strong knowledge and experience of IT systems including Outlook, Microsoft Office and databases
- Current Queensland open driving licence and ability to undertake regular travel as required.
Note: References and suitability clearance/s required by legislation.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s On Offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You’ll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation. You will be given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW4.1 – $36.24 per hour $71,839.14 base per annum
- Superannuation paid in addition together with Excellent Tax Benefits
- Flexible and supportive workplace environment where your contribution is valued.
How to Apply
Obtain a copy of the Position Description and Key Selection Criteria from the Carers Queensland’s Job Page at https://carersqld.com.au/job-vacancies
Submit your resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the Key Selection Criteria you have reviewed. Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button on this SEEK advertisement.
Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now via Seek button on this advertisement.
Candidates must submit a completed application, responding to Key Selection Criteria, along with a copy of their Resume, by the due date.
Get in early – Applications close on Wednesday – 19 February 2020 @ 5.00 pm
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients