Do you have counselling experience in the community care sector?
- Chance to join an organisation that is making a difference to the local community
- Toowoomba location
- Part-time position of 60 hours per fortnight contracted to 30 November 2019
Creating a life of quality for those dedicated to caring for others
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing highly specialised information, training, coordination and support services.
For almost 30 years, Carers Queensland has been working to advance the profile of unpaid carers, advocating for services and enhancing outcomes for families. With a foundation in evidence and research, we strive to support those who are disconnected through high-quality, individualised programs.
Our objective is to ensure carers achieve their goals, enhance their relationships, and can move forward with a life based on their own decisions and choices.
We believe in our values
Carers Queensland is dedicated to addressing unmet need across the community. We want to work with people who are:
- Passionate and genuinely care about making a difference
- Flexible, resilient, and respectful
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Driven to achieve and open to new ways of thinking
About the role
The Counsellor will be joining the already established and successful Toowoomba team. This position will offer counselling to unpaid Carers across the region within the program guidelines by face-to-face, telephone or therapeutic group methods.
We offer an attractive remuneration package paying CSW5.1 $40.24 per hour, $79,778.53 per annum pro rata excluding Superannuation as well as salary packaging benefits.
- Position Description – Counsellor – Toowoomba 2019
- Key Selection Criteria – Counsellor – Toowoomba 2019
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and cover letter via Seek addressing the following key selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Counselling, Social Work, Psychology or other relevant qualification with current registration with the appropriate professional body
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in counselling or related area
- Demonstrated ability to develop and facilitate therapeutic groups
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and professional standards
- Demonstrated understanding of and empathy with the needs and challenges facing carers, the person for whom they are caring and their families
- High level time management and organisational skills
Application closes at 5.00 pm on Monday 10 June 2019
For more information please contact Peter Proctor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
We care about equality and inclusion
Carers Queensland works with clients from diverse cultural and social backgrounds and lifestyles; our clients have varied and different life experiences, physical abilities and skills.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client’s individual needs and wants. As such, we encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.