- Chance to join an organisation that is making a difference to the local community
- Full-time position contracted to 30 June 2020
- Camp Hill location
Creating a Life of Quality for those Dedicated to Caring for Others
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing highly specialised information, training, coordination and support services.
For almost 30 years, Carers Queensland has been working to advance the profile of unpaid carers, advocating for services and enhancing outcomes for families. With a foundation in evidence and research, we strive to support those who are disconnected through high-quality, individualised programs.
Our objective is to ensure carers achieve their goals, enhance their relationships, and can move forward with a life based on their own decisions and choices.
We Believe in Equality and Innovation
Carers Queensland is dedicated to addressing unmet need across the community. We want to work with people who are:
- Passionate and genuinely care about making a difference
- Flexible, resilient, and respectful
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Driven to achieve and open to new ways of thinking
About the Role
The primary objective of this position is to monitor our community service delivery to ensure we provide high quality services that are compliant with all legal, statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations. This includes ensuring that we continue to meet the expectations of our clients and government funded services, through innovative, person centred, and flexible program delivery to a consistent standard throughout the organisation.
- Minimum: Post-secondary education in Business, Accounting, Finance or Audit or Requisite Experience.
- Minimum: two years experience in undertaking quality, compliance and/or auditing functions.
- Desirable: Experience working with, or a sound understanding of persons with disability, carers, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander persons, and persons from culturally diverse communities
- Demonstrated understanding of risk and control concepts
- Ability to analyse data and evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of business process
- Ability to analyse data and make quality improvement recommendations
- High level communication & report preparation skills and the ability to build rapport and adapt skills according to the audience or target group involved
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s On Offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You’ll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation. You will be given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland
- Attractive Remuneration Package of base CSW5.1 $79,778.53 per annum – plus Super, with excellent salary sacrifice tax benefits available
- Monthly RDO’s
- Convenient Camp Hill location with easy on street parking
- Flexible and supportive workplace environment where your contribution is valued
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the key selection criteria and nominates the relevant Job Reference Number.
Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now via Seek button on this advertisement.
Apply now via Seek
Candidates must submit a completed application, responding to Key Selection Criteria, along with a copy of their resume, by the due date.
Applications close on 1 January 2019 @ 12.00 am
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.