Local Area Coordinator – NDIS LAC PITC
- Carers Queensland is a NDIS Partner delivering the NDIS in your community
- Full-time position contracted to 30 June 2021
- Logan Central location
- Chance to join an organisation that is making a difference to the local community
Creating a life of quality for those dedicated to caring for others
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing highly specialised information, training, coordination and support services.
For almost 30 years, Carers Queensland has been working to advance the profile of unpaid carers, advocating for services and enhancing outcomes for families. With a foundation in evidence and research, we strive to support those who are disconnected through high-quality, individualised programs.
Our objective is to ensure carers achieve their goals, enhance their relationships, and can move forward with a life based on their own decisions and choices.
We believe in our values
Carers Queensland is dedicated to addressing unmet need across the community. We want to work with people who are:
- Passionate and genuinely care about making a difference
- Flexible, resilient, and respectful
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Driven to achieve and open to new ways of thinking
About the role
The Local Area Coordinator will be joining the already established and successful NDIS Logan Central team. This position will deliver the NDIS LAC PITC program in the Beenleigh Service Delivery Area, providing information and support to participants, families and carers to develop, record and implement their NDIS Plan and build community inclusion and capacity.
We offer an attractive remuneration package paying CSW4.1 $36.24 per hour, $71,839.14 per annum excluding Superannuation as well as salary packaging benefits
How to apply
Please submit your Resume and cover letter via Seek addressing the following key selection criteria:
- Minimum Certificate III in Disability or similar
- Demonstrated experience working in the Human Services sector
- Experience working with, or a sound understanding of persons with a disability, carers, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander persons and persons from culturally diverse communities
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The ability to support individuals, families and carers to gain the skills, confidence & expertise required to plan for their future
- Demonstrated experience in developing support plans or similar
- Demonstrated competency in entering information into databases
Applications close on Tuesday 25 February 2020 @ 5:00pm
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria to be considered for this position
We care about equality and inclusion
Carers Queensland works with clients from diverse cultural and social backgrounds and lifestyles; our clients have varied and different life experiences, physical abilities and skills.
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.