Registration, Information, Support & Service Advisor
- Chance to join an organisation that is making a difference to the local community
- Part-time positon of 32 hours per week contracted to 30 June 2019
- Lutwyche location
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing highly specialised information, training, coordination and support services.
For almost 30 years, Carers Queensland has been working to advance the profile of unpaid carers, advocating for services and enhancing outcomes for families. With a foundation in evidence and research, we strive to support those who are disconnected through high-quality, individualised programs.
Our objective is to ensure carers achieve their goals, enhance their relationships, and can move forward with a life based on their own decisions and choices.
About the Role
This is a front-line service delivery role where you are required to be responsible for providing information, support and referral requests to families with children with a disability within a timely manner.
Better Start funding will progressively transfer across to the NDIS in line with the national rollout, and as such, the registration function to this role has ceased. Other significant functions to the role continue and include: supporting parents and carers of children 0-6 years of age with information and support to access the NDIS, understanding service pathways to support regardless of NDIS eligibility and the Early Childhood Early Intervention approach.
- Recognised Tertiary qualifications and / or at least 2 years’ experience working in a similar position
- Ability to develop a good rapport with families
- Ability to quickly learn the Department of Social Services FOFMS IT System, to maintain specific client details and navigate to exact essential client information
- Ability to navigate the internet and other pathways to provide up-to-date and relevant information specific to requests for information, and be the central point of contact for families seeking program and NDIS information
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver workshops
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs and challenges facing carers, the person for whom they care and for their families
- Demonstrated networking skills and capacity to develop professional working relationships with early childhood intervention providers and NDIA Partners
- Demonstrated high level communication skills (both written & verbal) and the ability to establish rapport with a diverse range of people
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a positive workplace culture and practices
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s On Offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You’ll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation. You will be given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW4.1 $69,731.23 per annum pro rata plus super, with excellent tax benefits available
- Flexible and supportive workplace environment where your contribution is valued
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the key selection criteria and nominates the relevant Job Reference Number.
- Position Description – RISS Advisor Better Start Program – Brisbane North
- Key Selection Criteria – RISS Advisor Better Start Program 2018
Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now via Seek button on this advertisement.
Candidates must submit a completed application, responding to Key Selection Criteria, along with a copy of their resume, by the due date.
Applications close on Tuesday 11 September 2018 @ 5:00pm
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.