Senior Local Area Coordinator
Do you have experience in the community care sector?
- Carers Queensland is a NDIS Partner delivering the NDIS in your community
- Full-time parental leave back-fill position from 18 November 2020 contracted to 30 June 2021
- Chance to join an organisation that is making a difference to the local community
Creating a life of quality for those dedicated to caring for others
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing highly specialised information, training, coordination and support services.
For almost 30 years, Carers Queensland has been working to advance the profile of unpaid carers, advocating for services and enhancing outcomes for families. With a foundation in evidence and research, we strive to support those who are disconnected through high-quality, individualised programs.
Our objective is to ensure carers achieve their goals, enhance their relationships, and can move forward with a life based on their own decisions and choices.
We believe in equality and innovation
Carers Queensland is dedicated to addressing unmet need across the community. We want to work with people who are:
- Passionate and genuinely care about making a difference
- Flexible, resilient, and respectful
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Driven to achieve and open to new ways of thinking
About the role
This position will deliver the NDIS LAC PITC program, providing information and support to participants, families and carers to develop, record and implement their NDIS Plan and build community inclusion and capacity. The Senior Local Area Coordinator will demonstrate a level of expertise in working with participants with more complex support needs.
We offer an attractive remuneration package paying CSW5.1 , $83,058.62 per annum excluding Superannuation as well as salary packaging benefits.
- Position Description – Senior Local Area Coordinator TWPLSLAC2020
- KSC – Senior Local Area Coordinator TWPLSLAC2020
How to apply
Please submit your Resume and cover letter via Seek addressing the following key selection criteria:
- Diploma level qualification in disability/community services and a minimum of five years equivalent experience working with people with complex needs or Bachelor equivalent qualification in relevant or related field e.g. Psychology, Social Work or Allied Health
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities. (Lived experience will be highly regarded.)
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with participants and to support the development of an Individual Personal Plan.
- Good communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including families of participants).
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Excellent phone manner and accurate data entry skills.
- Current Queensland open driving licence and ability to undertake regular travel as required.
Successful candidates will be required to hold current & valid Blue & Yellow Cards, and clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check
Applications close on Friday 9 October 2020
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.