Team Leader, LAC Community Development
- Eight Mile Plains location
- Full-time position commencing 13 April 2020 contracted to 30 June 2021
- Chance to join an organisation that is making a difference to the local community
- Carers Queensland is a NDIS Partner delivering the NDIS in your community
Carers Queensland Ltd is the peak body representing and advocating on behalf of Carers throughout Queensland. We are seeking to employ suitably qualified & experienced staff to assist carers and their families to build a positive life.
We want to work with people who are passionate about making a difference; who are target focused and are driven to achieve, who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
We’ll give you opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation. We’ll give you the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
About the Role
The focus of the Team Leader LAC Community Development drives community engagement and development with local businesses with the support of their team. This role works closely together with the Team Leader LAC to strategically lead and drive the delivery of the NDIS LAC PITC program, with a team of staff reporting through to each role.
Both roles ensure the exceptional performance of this program, and that all NDIS Services Grant Agreement, contractual, quality, statutory and legislative requirements within their delegation, are met.
- Qualifications in Management, Human Resources, Business, Community Development or similar.
- Demonstrated experience working in a related human services role and a minimum 3 years staff supervisory experience in a complex, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, processes and systems that support high quality and flexible service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in developing support plans or similar.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities. (Lived experience will be highly regarded.)
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with participants and to support the development of an Individual Personal Plan.
- Good communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including families of participants).
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Current Queensland open driving licence and a willingness to undertake regular travel as required.
- References and suitability clearance/s required by legislation.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the key selection criteria you have reviewed.
- Position Description – Team Leader, LAC Community Development BSTLCD2020
- KSC – Team Leader, LAC Community Development BSTLCD2020
Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now via Seek link in this advertisement.
Candidates must submit a completed application, responding to Key Selection Criteria, along with a copy of their resume, by the due date.
Applications close on Friday 3 April 2020 @ 5:00pm
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.