Team Leader LAC
- Position within an organisation that offers a tradition of support and care
- Chance to join an organisation that is making a difference
- Full-time position contracted to 30 June 2021
Carers Queensland is the peak body representing carers throughout Queensland. They are proud to be Local Area Coordination Partners in the Community Program in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency and they seek to employ suitably qualified & experienced staff to assist people with disability, their families and carers to exercise choice and build a positive life in the Toowoomba Service Area.
About the Role
The focus for the Team Leader LAC is to oversee the delivery of NDIS plans for participants and to strategically lead and drive the delivery of the NDIS LAC PITC program, with a team of staff reporting through to the role.
This role ensures the exceptional performance of this program, and that all NDIS Services Grant Agreement, contractual, quality, statutory and legislative requirements within their delegation, are met.
- Qualifications in Management, Human Resources, Business, Community Development or similar.
- Demonstrated experience working in a related human services role and a minimum three years staff supervisory experience in a complex, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, processes and systems that support high quality and flexible service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in developing support plans or similar.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities. (Lived experience will be highly regarded.)
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with participants and to support the development of an Individual Personal Plan.
- Good communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including families of participants).
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Current Queensland open driving licence and a willingness to undertake regular travel as required.
- References and suitability clearance/s required by legislation.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s On Offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You will be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation. You will be given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW6.1, $90,405.09 plus super with excellent tax benefits available
- Flexible and supportive workplace environment where your contribution is valued.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the key selection criteria and nominates the relevant Job Reference Number.
Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button on this advertisement.
Candidates must submit a completed application, responding to Key Selection Criteria, along with a copy of their resume, by the due date.
Applications close on Friday 14th August 2020 @ 4:00pm.
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.