- Support the launch of an exciting new program
- Full-time position contracted to 30 June 2022
- Convenient Lutwyche based location
- Not-for-profit tax benefits
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing specialised carer, aged, and disability support services.
For more than 30 years, we have been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
Join us as we launch a new program and initiative of Carers Queensland, funded by the Department of Social Services, and piloted over the next two and a half years.
The program will deliver an end-to-end vocational coaching model to support client-centred outcomes and measurable social and economic benefits.
About the Role
- The Vocational Coach provides continuity of mentoring/coaching with the carer throughout the entire vocational outcomes pathway.
- This includes conducting Vocational Needs Assessment, developing an individualised Vocational Plan, carer support, monitoring of vocational milestones and individual progress, and working with the Placement Officer role to support matching of placement and employment activities.
- You will also be highly skilled in interview, assessment and general motivational coaching/counselling methodologies.
- You will be a team player, with a demonstrated ability to show initiative and professionally and ethically represent Carers Queensland.
- You must be able to demonstrate efficient and effective strategies to positively assist carers in overcoming severe and/or multiple non-vocational barriers to employment.
- Diploma of Coaching/Counselling qualification or similar coaching/counselling experience highly desirable.Relevant tertiary qualification/s
- Demonstrated experience in the Employment Services or similar industry.
- Demonstrated experience applying a person-centred approach in case management working with disadvantaged job seekers experiencing multiple barriers, with a focus on returning them to the workforce.
- Demonstrated motivational, coaching and/or counselling skills and high level problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support service continuity and client outcomes.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s On Offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You’ll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation, given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW4.1 – $71,839.14 per annum plus super with excellent not-for-profit tax benefits available
- A flexible and supportive work environment where your contribution is valued
How to Apply
View the Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria below
Candidates must submit their resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the Key Selection Criteria for the role. Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button on this SEEK advertisement.
Applications close on Wednesday, 19 February 2020 @ 5:00pm
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.