- Develop your career by supporting the launch of our Your Caring Way program
- Full-time position contracted to 30 June 2022
- Usually based at Lutwyche currently – Work from Home – Laptop/Mobile Phone supplied
- Excellent Not-for-profit tax benefits available
About the Role – do you want to…
- Join our brand new team as a Vocational Coach, providing continuity of mentoring/coaching for Carers for our pilot program Your Caring Way
- Use your experience to conduct Vocational Needs Assessments, develop individualised Vocational Plans, and conduct coaching sessions with carers to support goal achievement and overcoming barriers.
- Provide soft-skill training sessions to carers on vocational-readiness topics
- Highly skilled in interview, assessment and general motivational coaching/counselling methodologies?
- A team player, with a demonstrated ability to show initiative and professionally and ethically represent Carers Queensland?
- Able to demonstrate efficient and effective strategies to positively assist carers in overcoming severe and/or multiple non-vocational barriers to employment?
Do you have…
- Diploma of Coaching/Counselling qualification or similar coaching/counselling experience highly desirable. Relevant tertiary qualification/s?
- Demonstrated experience in the Employment Services or similar industry?
- Demonstrated experience applying a person-centred approach in case management working with disadvantaged job seekers experiencing multiple barriers, with a focus on returning them to the workforce?
- Demonstrated motivational, coaching and/or counselling skills and high level problem solving skills?
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support service continuity and client outcomes?
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland in a flexible and supportive work environment where your contribution is valued
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW4.1 – $71,839.14 per annum plus super
- Excellent Not-for-Profit Tax Benefits available
- Monthly accrued days off available
- Paid parental leave available
- Laptop and phone supplied
- Work from Home status currently adopted
How to Apply
View the Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria below
Candidates must submit their resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the 6 Key Selection Criteria for the role. Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button on this SEEK advertisement.
Applications close on Friday 17 April 2020 by 5.00pm
About Carers Queensland
For more than 30 years, we have been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
Join us as we launch a new program and initiative of Carers Queensland, funded by the Department of Social Services, and piloted over the next two and a half years.
The program will deliver an end-to-end vocational coaching model to support client-centred outcomes and measurable social and economic benefits.
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.