At Carers Queensland we understand the needs of caring families and we support you in managing your home care package.
The Australian Government’s Home Care Packages Program provides older people who want to stay at home with access to a range of ongoing personalised services, support services and clinical care to help with day-to-day activities.
Some of the services you can access through your home care package are:
- Meal preparation
- Transport and community access
- Nursing, personal care or health services
- Social support or counselling
We are an approved Aged Care Provider but we don’t provide in-home or residential aged-care services.
For a set fee we offer impartial advice on support services and help you navigate the often confusing aged-care sector.
Who is eligible?
Eligibility is determined by My Aged Care, a portal to access Australian Government funding for Aged Care.
You may be eligible for a home care package if you are:
- an older person who needs coordinated services to help you to stay in your home
- a younger person with a disability, dementia or other special care needs that are not met through other specialist services.
There are no minimum age requirements or residency restrictions but home care packages are not intended for visitors to Australia or people requiring temporary or short-term care.
For more information regarding eligibility, please visit the My Aged Care website.
How does it work?
Nominate Empower Care (Carers Queensland) as your Aged Care Provider and we will help you:
- Customise a plan to work out the services you’ll need
- Decide which services are right for you by offering impartial, informative advice
- Set up service contracts for you
- Pay service providers on your behalf
- Keep track of your spending, providing you with monthly expenditure statements
- Change service providers at any time
How much does it cost?
Our management fee is a flat rate of 25 per cent of your Home Care Package allocation.
Want more information?
Connecting with us is easy, call on 07 3900 8100, email email@example.com, or visit our Contact Us page.
If you are looking for something more local, check out our Our Offices, or connect with us on Facebook.