NDIS Local Area Coordination Partners in the Community Program
Your Partner in the Community
Carers Queensland is partnering with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to deliver the Local Area Coordinator Partners in the Community Program in the Ipswich, Toowoomba and Rockhampton areas, working to ensure more people live fulfilling and connected lives.
As a NDIS LAC Partner, Carers Queensland will get to know you, what’s important to you and help connect you with services to support you to have the life you want.
Your support services will be tailored to help you meet your goals, whether you want to become more involved in the community through volunteering, sports clubs or local theatre, live more independently, get a job or change your employment or improve your wellbeing.
Your NDIS, Your Local Partner
- talk with you, your family and carers to understand your current support network
- understand what you want to achieve and develop a plan to help you get there
- help you find and access the supports that meet your needs
- assist you to manage any issues you face with getting services and support
- link you to information and support in the community so you are included and involved.
To discuss how the NDIS could work for you, or if you have any questions, call or SMS:
Rockhampton (service area)
Call 07 4994 1600, visit the Rockhampton LAC page, or email your closest office (below):
- Rockhampton: rockhamptonLAC@carersqld.com.au,
- Gladstone: gladstoneLAC@carersqld.com.au, or
- Emerald: emeraldLAC@carersqld.com.au.
For further NDIS information visit the NDIS website.
Complaints and the NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) welcomes feedback, including complaints. The agency believes people have a right to speak up as it helps it to see what works, what doesn’t and where the agency can make improvements to products and services.
Read the full NDIA Feedback and Complaints Policy.
Want more information?
If you are looking for something more local, check out our Regional Offices and Support Groups.