The Queensland Disability Peak and Representative Body Program funds organisations to provide accessible and disability-specific information and referral services to Queenslanders with a disability, their family members, and carers, and promote community awareness.
Peak body organisations help and support people with a disability:
- with accessible and disability-specific information
- with online and state-wide phone support and referral services
- through news, advice, referral information, and communication about support and services available in Queensland including information to access the NDIS
- by providing expert advice and feedback to the government on matters impacting people with disability
- by promoting community awareness, education, and training information for organisations and employers, and the broader community to influence community attitudes and remove barriers to inclusion
- by developing resources to support employers in attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability